Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Tradition: Homemade Ornaments

A few years ago Ellie and I decided to make some Reindeer ornaments. The next year she wanted to make an ornament again...so we made Christmas Tree ornaments. And thus a tradition was born!
So this year we decided to make Mitten Ornaments.

To make Mitten Ornaments:
Supplies:
1 sheet of Green Felt
1 sheet of Red Felt
Mitten Pattern (I traced a cookie cutter)
Bubble Paint--At least Red, Green, and White...we had Yellow too!
Variety of Ric-Rac and Ribbon
Glue

I cut out the Mitten Shapes and let the girls go to town decorating!
After the paint dried I added a ribbon to the back to hang the ornaments on the tree


Here are some pictures of our ornament making project! Enjoy:)
The calm before the storm:)
.

The example (or zample in Ellie and Cece speak) I made.
Cece took the paint squeezer approach.
Ellie was more thoughtful with her ornament making.



Ellie worked hard on her ornaments and made one with each of our names on it. She is making one for 'Dad' in this picture.
Some of our finished products.
On the tree!

I am certain many years from now these ornaments will be some of my most cherished treasures:)

**I linked up to the Ornament or Trees Linky over at Poppies at Play**

3 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute. you're such a fun mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me such great ideas! I can't wait until next year when Kallie and I can do fun crafts like this! And I agree...you are such a fun mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those little mittens!! I love ornaments that are doable for the kids little hands! Very fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS