Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Favorites


Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck and Felicia Bond is one of our favorite Christmas books.

The words are simple, but the meaning is life changing.

Enjoy.....

I am the star that shines in the east,
I light the stable for man and beast.

I am the donkey, soft and gray,
I carried His mother from far away.

I am the ram, with my curly horn
I guard the stall where the child is born.

I am the ox, strong as steel
before the only son I kneel.

We are the shepherds who watch the sheep,
tonight a holy watch we keep.

We are the wise men, gifts we bring
for baby Jesus, our newborn king.

I am Mary, the mother mild,
how I love my tiny child.

I am the baby asleep in the hay,
and I am the reason for Christmas Day.


We also really like Sheila Rae's Peppermint Stick by Kevin Henkes....different words, different message....still very important...especially for my Sheila Rae and Louise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS