Over Summer I was able to get my craft on and cross a few projects of the neverending list. I wanted to share them with ya'll! So here goes....
Project #1: Me & You Sign
I totally stole this idea....I originally saw this on one of my favorite blogs Under the Sycamore. I switched from You and Me to Me and You after one of my all time favorite songs...Me and You by Kenny Chesney. I found the fabric and the letters at Hobby Lobby and the frame at the Flea Market (August 2010). I am so happy with how this came together!
Project #2: Throw Pillows
I wanted to add a pop on the bed with some throw pillows. I had some throw pillows leftover from our bedroom two houses again...so time for a redo! Using the same fabric as the Me & You sign and a leftover curtain panel I sewed a ruffled pillow. Then I used more curtain fabric and a garage sale find doily to make a second pillow. On the third I used some aqua colored fabrics to make a stripped look and added a layered fabric flower. I am pleased as punch with how they turned out!
Project #3: Picture Holder
Last Spring I bought this old window frame for $3. For months it sat in my garage, I loved it but had no idea what to do with it. Then one afternoon, the light bulb went off I needed something to fill a pretty big piece of wall after we moved a bookcase....wa-la a Picture Holder!!! I attached thin wire horizontally with eye hooks (who knows if I am even saying this right...but it sure sounds good right?) and used baby clothespins to clip pictures to the wires.
Tim always used to tease me about decorating our bedroom and for a good reason...in nine years of marriage it has never been decorated and in some instances not even a picture on the wall. Our bedroom has always been a struggle for me...finally I feel like it reflects us and it makes me very happy:)
I linked up to....



LOVE.IT.ALL!
ReplyDeleteMissy
(PS I'm commenting anonymously because I still can't comment with my google account. Boo!)
I look at your craftiness and have nothing but envy! I wish I had an ounce of this creativity!!!
ReplyDeleteLissa
Lots of great, crafty ideas. Come check me out when you get a chance-www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE the me and you frame. I've been trying to decide what to do for a headboard in our guest bedroom and I think I am going to copy this idea but just change it to say something like sleep, or dream. Thank you so much for the idea, I'm pinning it right now! I'm a new follower as well!
ReplyDeleteBrie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com
Awesome job!! Love it all! Especially the me & you frame! What a great idea :) I've been working on our master bedroom for months but have hit a wall with accesories, but definitely have found some inspiration from yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm over from the Pleated Poppy :) Have a great day!
love it!!
ReplyDeletei would love it if you would share this on my link party , Serenity Saturday over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com
xxx
Love it all...you've done a great job! But I especially LOVE the hand prints! That's a fantastic idea!
ReplyDelete