Saturday, March 21, 2020

It has been awhile.

Well hello.

It has been a few.....years.

So. Here we are in quarantine. No better time than the present to open up the blog and start writing again. I have missed this so much.

The last week as been unreal.

Things have changed so much, so quickly. It is hard to even keep up with it all.

We have been home for a solid week.

Being a sports family. Sports are weaved into every thread of our daily life. We know sports never stop. Late nights, Sunday mornings, holidays. Sports are always going. It hit us hard last week when sports were cancelled. That never happens. We knew this was big.

I went out on Friday to stock up. It felt both silly and urgent all at once. I felt better knowing we had what we needed.

We made rest a priority to start our break turned quarantine. Sleep in. Take naps. Rest. It has been good for everyone.

We have started to settle in to a good routine. Including games, art, reading, making meals together, exercise, and getting outside when we can.

I have never been a big schedule person, but routine. I need routine. And so do my kids. Just enough structure....not too much.

We have made a few plans. Ordered seeds to start for our garden. Crafts supplies for some art projects we have planned. Workbooks to keep kids busy. And luckily we had a bunch of books from the library we were able to renew. We have been watching zoo tours and doodles with mo.

We have had very few I am bored complaints and a lot of creative play. It has been fun watching kids get out toys they have played with in a while.

Like everyone, despite the uncertainty and every changing news reports we are embracing this time at home. Relaxing and enjoying. Hoping to look back with fond memories of how we came together and grew as a family. We know God is charge and we are all going to be ok.

XOXO
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS