Wednesday, September 25, 2013

old door to new headboard

 
 
quite some time ago I picked up an old five panel door at the flea market. my plan was to make it into a headboard for our bed. but at the time we had a lot of other projects going so we stored the door in our garage for a year or two.
 
then in may we decided it was time.
 
tim had a plan, we picked up a few supplies and we got to work.
 
well....actually tim got to work. I helped hold a few boards in place.
 
a couple hours later we had this....
 

then I got to work painting. first a couple coats of primer and the a few coats of white paint and she was ready.
 
 



project costs

old door-- $10
wood--$26
paint--on hand
paint brushes--$8

total $44






 
it was fun to make something old new again. I am very lucky to have a husband who not only puts up with all my crazy ideas....but he makes them happen. he is a good one.

we are very happy with our new headboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS