Tuesday, November 5, 2013

little things

oh man where to start.

all I can say is we got tricked.

big time.

in the wee hours of last Thursday morning both big girls got sick. and they continued to get sick over the next 12 hours.

it was a long day.

we all stayed home Friday to recover and so I could deal with my head cold.

I am glad to say we are all feeling much better.

and we had a great weekend filled with friends and family. good stuff.

yes that is Maggie rubbing Cecilia's back as she heaves into a bucket

powerade popsicles for the win and hydration

*******************************************************************************

alright...

with it being November and with thanksgiving coming up, it is an obvious reminder to be thankful.

however being more intentional about my thankfulness has been on my mind for some time.

I just feel I have so much to be thankful for. that my life is filled with so many blessings. definitely way way more blessing that bad things.

and I really like to focus on those blessings. big or little. good stuff.

the reason I write this blog is so our family can look back at our life together. so I think this is a really good place to write about all the wonderful things in our life big or small.

now does that mean that everything in our family is rainbows and unicorns.

absolutely not.

we goof up, we make mistakes, we lose our patience, we have struggles.

we get tired and whiney, we make messes and don't clean up after ourselves, we forget things, we don't want to get up in the morning, we rush.

however we work really hard as a family to focus on the positive. because frankly there is just way too much good to let those bad things get us down.

its an attitude I want my girls to have.

there is way too much good in our lives to let little bad things ruin our days.

so this month I am going to take a day here or there to share what I am thankful for. many of those things are little things. my hope is to continue sharing on a monthly-ish basis. it doesn't have to be November for me to be thankful, right?

so here goes....

1. footie pajamas
2. the brew later on our coffee pot
3. that tim gets the coffee pot ready every night so there is coffee ready for me when I get up.
4. divided lunch containers
5. buying in bulk at sams club
6. the happy bunting in my classroom
7. flea market finds
8. my neighbor jean
9. our ISU football tickets
10. great daycare
11. living close to my family
12. that gas is under $3.
13. conversations with my SIL and BFF shanna
14. music on my iphone
15. Friday night movie nights
16. being able to stay home with my girls when they are sick
17. a husband who really understand hydration






 

happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS