Friday, April 30, 2010

April

April went by oh so fast.....here is an update on all of the Weesners.

Cecilia
Cece has enjoyed getting outside. She is determined to ride the 3 wheel scooter...it is fun to watch her focus. Instead of her usual recklessness, she is actually slowly and carefully trying to get this whole scooter thing figured out. However, she did manage to scrap up her nose and give herself one nasty goose egg after a trike accident....the girl cannot be trusted! Tim got her play house and sandbox all set up. She spends most of her time carrying the sand from the sandbox into the playhouse (which drives her Daddy crazy, I like her determination!). Over the last few days she has found it funny to call me "Molly" or in Cece slang "Mall-leeee" This girl, I tell you! Cecilia has mastered almost all of our little kid puzzles. She is also adamant that she can do her own buckles in her car seat...however I do not always have the time (or the patience) to let her. She has also figured out how to undo her buckles...luckily only in Tim's car. Earlier this month she climbed out of her crib at bedtime...but that only happened a couple more times....crisis averted! Cece is such a fun girl...I cannot believe how fast she is becoming a little girl!!

Ellie
Ellie had a lot of firsts this month....first field trip, first school bus ride, first birthday party invite (from a school friend...who was not a cousin or close family friend) and first character counts award a school. We are very proud of the character counts award! She actually stopped to help a teachers associate clean up all on her own (without being told or asked!) Definitely a proud moment at our house! I was able to go on the field trip to a farm with Ellie...she said she would sit with me on the bus and originally we were together, but we had to do some switching from bus to bus and she ended up sitting with her friends:) I survived. School is going great....she is really amazing us with her reading skills. She had a couple bike accidents early in the month that resulted in face injuries, but has managed to keep herself safe her lately! Her summer calendar is already booking up with VBS, swim lessons, T Ball, and more. Busy girl!

Molly
The school year is winding down. Only 23 days to go, but who is counting:) I am really starting to feel at home teaching Health. We are just finishing up our substance abuse unit and students are creating anti-drug messages....very interesting stuff...but so fun to see them get so excited about their ideas! I am very excited for a summer without moving...we have moved the last three out of the last four summers. Either across the country or from house to house. So staying put is a dream for me!! Last fall I dug perennials from my mom's flowers, and everything is up and looking good! I am excited to see all the blooms...it has been a long time since I actually was able to grow flowers...about this time in AZ the flowers would be burning up! I have been busy picking out paint colors for our house...we haven't done any painting yet...but when Tim is ready, I have a plan! I have a lot of projects going and I picked up a bunch of great stuff last weekend garage saleing! Tim just laughs at me!

Tim
Spring Soccer season is DONE! Yay! So now Tim's schedule is more flexible again! Always nice to have him around more. He will be traveling a few times this month...to Dallas for Big 12 athletic trainers convention (and he has to present!!! lots of work on his presentation lately!!) and then he is heading up to MN to check out the Twins new stadium and watch the Twins play the White Sox. We are all enjoying baseball season...plus the Mets are playing pretty well (gosh I probably jinxed them...sorry). We seeded our backyard at the beginning of April and wha-la it is growing and looking great! We also added a couple apple trees....in about 3 years we should have a Honey Crisp apple or two:) He is so proud of our yard...gotta love a man and his space!

I can't wait to see what May brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS