This morning we lost a great man.
He had a strong faith, a great work ethic, he was loyal and wise, funny and kind, ornery, he had endless stories, he loved baseball, he loved his family and he loved Grandma.
His love for Grandma was evident in both his words and his actions.
He was a great example of love.
They were a great example of love.
Both Grandma and Grandpa were big part of our lives.
They loved each other, they loved us, and they loved our girls.
Before we were married, when our peers were headed out on dates and to parties. Tim and I would spent our weekend evenings at his grandparents house. Grandma would make an amazing meal and we would play cards. We continued this into our marriage, even as the babies came along.
Those nights were always my favorite. Spent around GG's table laughing and loving together.
The food might change, the game might change...
one thing stayed the same....
the girls would win
and the boys would lose:)
I am so thankful for those beautiful nights. Those memories are so precious.
We will spend out lives trying to be to our family, what they were to us
so special.
Grandpa and Ellie
Grandpa and Cecilia
Grandpa and Maggie
He is likely telling me to behave myself....and I am probably telling him the same!
I have a lot of good pictures of Grandpa and the kiddos.
But these next few are my favorite.
My absolute favorite.
I will cherish these forever.
We will miss him so much.
Grandpa is home
and if I was to guess....GG has already beat him in a few hands of cards.
love you Grandpa.










Thanks molly for posting all of these great pictures of grandma and grandpa
ReplyDelete