We have been really busy around our house the last couple months working on projects both inside and outside. So this is just one of the many things we have been up to:) We have been in this home for almost a year and we really want to make it feel like our home. our permanent home. When we first moved in I decorated right away with the stuff we already had. Some of those things are near and dear to me (mainly pictures:)....while others just reminded me of our old house and more so reminded me of what we went through trying to sell our AZ house and living a part. Not things I want to always think about. Aside from the emotional issues I have with the decor...some things just didn't fit the style of our house here in Iowa. So, I have been slowly making a "plan" (plan being a pretty strong word). Sorry got interupted by cy girl #2 waking up from nap...the plan: paint walls a buttery yellow...it even has a slight orangy tint. And have accents of lime-ish green. I really like how it is coming together...still some to do! Right...there is always more:)
So here goes....
Here are pictures of the dining room and kitchen before (before the transformation and before we even moved in!)


Pretty Brown, wouldn't ya say! Brown walls, brown floor, brown cabinets, brown countertops and even brown carpet. I think you get the idea. Now, don't get me wrong, I love brown. But, there is a saying about too much of a good thing...
So here are the after pictures:)
Dining Room After

Kitchen After...excuse the balloons...leftovers from Ellie's party:)

So here are a couple things I added....

Picture board...not an orignal idea of mine. I have seen this idea several places, so easy and fun!
Height Chart...this is something Tim and I have been wanting to do for a LONG time! Finally got it done...now it just needs mounted to the wall. Easy peasy to do! We wanted something we could take with us...this was Tim's idea...he moved several times as a kid.
Height Chart...this is something Tim and I have been wanting to do for a LONG time! Finally got it done...now it just needs mounted to the wall. Easy peasy to do! We wanted something we could take with us...this was Tim's idea...he moved several times as a kid.
So there is my kitchen/dining room transformation:) I am pretty happy with the results! And these rooms are quickly becoming two of my favorite rooms in our home! Happy Friday!


Looks awesome! LOVE the height chart idea...might have to give that one a try!
ReplyDelete