Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I Like Wednesday: Living in the Moment

Today was everything a Summer Day should be. We managed to squeeze every little drop of goody out of today.

Today actually started last night around 9pm when I headed out with Becca to the midnight showing of Eclipse (the 3rd movie in the Twilight Saga). And yes it was fantastic! A wonderful mix of romance, drama, and humor! Gotta love it!! I love the books and I love the movies and I also love rebelling against my mommyhood and going to a midnight movie. As I crept in at 3 am and checked on my sleeping babies I felt oh so sneaky! It was so fun!

However, reality check at 7 am. Swim lessons are at 9 am and it is testing day....so we have to get up and have a decent breakfast so my little fish Ellie Jo can be at her best! AND I have high school friends coming to town at 10am for a tie dye party. Little sleep and lots to do...calls for caffeine!

Fingers crossed for successful swimming lessons for Ellie....we get the results tomorrow. Oh the suspense!

And on to Tie Dye! It is so great to have such great friends who I don't get to see often come to visit. We are walking together in our hometown July 4th 5K and wanted to have matching t shirts....what better way than tie dye! Did I mention I have a thing for tie dye?!?! Not really for myself but I love tie dye dresses and t shirts for my girls. And on a random note I sold like 10 tie dye shirts at our garage sale and they were all gone the first day...so I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has a thing for tie dye:)

We had a great time talking, tie dyeing, eating and of course watching all our kiddos play. There are 6 of us girls and amongst us we have 11 little ones and there are 2 more on the way! Makes for a fun and chaotic time!

Afterwords, Shanna (and the kids) stayed and we finished our tie dye. About 5pm the phone rings......our newest neighbors (Dave and Cheryl) to the way south (altoona) want to stop by...so dinner plans are made! I think I could get used to having them this close! And I think we are all excited his appointment will last atleast 6 years. Boy, God has such amazing plans! 18 months ago we are hoping someday to be within 8 hours of our family and first we move back to Iowa and now they move to Altoona....no one but God could have wrote a story this amazing:)

Today was one of those days where I was really in the moment...not worrying about tomorrow just IN THE MOMENT and Wow! I need to do more of this!
Reminds me of a VBS song I have been hearing ALOT lately....Today is the day he has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.......

However, this living in the moment stuff does make me a little tired:)
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS