Tuesday, July 24, 2012

making room for little sister: hallway closet

I am continuing my little series. Today, I am going to highlight the changes we made to the hallway closet. Enjoy!

Over a year ago, I reorganized our hallway closet to store all my craft supplies. This reorganization accomplished a couple things....it helped me put all my craft supplies in one space and it also helped me get my craft supplies stored is proper storage containers. This storage situation worked for awhile, but overtime I realized it simply would not do. I had no place to store "in progress" projects, so my supplies started to end up scattered around the house...in the dining room, our bedroom, the home office. Also, it was hard to see my supplies in the closet and things would get lost or I would forget about them. What I really wanted was a space where I could store all my supplies and complete my craft projects. After some thought and creativity I was able to crave out a space for myself in the basement which I will show you next time. Today I will show you how the hallway closet changed.

Here are a couple pictures of the hallway closet after I reorganized a year ago. Trust me it didn't look like this for long. I think the first problem with this organization was that it was packed to full...maybe that means I have too many craft supplies....nah...that can't be true!



After moving out all my craft supplies there were several items that were stored in the home office/ junkyard that needed to find a new home. Sleeping bags, the air mattress, and board games made there way into the hallway closet.  My goal was to fit as much in the hallway closet as possible without it being stuffed to the brim. In the end I was able to fit everything I wanted to in and I think it looks pretty darn good. Take a look for yourself!




I don't know what it is about organizing....but it just makes me happy! This freshly organized closet not only works well for our family it also makes me happy. Weird, I know. Up next is my new craftastic space, I can't wait to show it to ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS