Thursday, July 26, 2012

making room for little sister: a craft space

I am continuing my little series. So far I have showed you our new home office space and hallway closet. Today, I get to show you the space I am most excited about....my new craft space! A few things about my craft space...it is in our unfinished basement, I share it with our cat Lucy,  the furnace, and the water heater, and you can't really call it a room because there are not walls or doors. I know this space is not perfect and might not work for a lot of people, but it is perfect for me. Honestly, I never thought I would have a craft space and while I have always dreamed of having a craft space, I realize our house is not huge and having spaces that work for our whole family is more important to me. So being able to turn a small unused corner of our basement into a craft room for me was a great solution for us. And when we finish our basement there are plans to finish this space as well...so someday it will be absolutely perfect:)

A few things I love about my new space....I love having all my craft supplies in one space. I love having a space where I can leave a half completed project and come back to it later. I love that this is a peaceful space. I love that when I go down there, the girls follow me and craft on their own or play in the playroom portion of the basement. I love that this space really works for me and our family!

Welcome to my craft space!

One of the things I love most about the space is that, other than buying a couple cans of spray paint, I didn't spend a dime. I re-purposed items we already had in our house. My craft table is our old dining room table. The black dresser was not being used and now holds craft/office supplies. The shelving units was already in the space and weren't really being used. I picked up the blue chair at Goodwill a while ago for a few dollars and spray painted it blue. I had already organized my craft supplies into their storage containers, so it was a pretty simple move from the upstairs hallway closet down to my space.

Tim said I could decorate however I wanted. So of course I went for bunting! I made a cheerful bunting out of leftover scraps from previous projects. I also used some letters I already had on hand to make a little "create" sign. I had to be creative when hanging these items....so they are hanging from the floor beams above. Also, using supplies on hand I updated the bulletin board that had been just sitting in our former home office.










This is one of my favorite parts....the stool next to my craft table. When I am working the girls usually find their way to the stool and chat with me. Cece spent a lot of time sitting there watching me sew Little Sister's quilt and that makes my heart happy!


Hope you enjoyed my craft space tour. I will be back later with one last space....Little Sister's room! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS