Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Randomness with Baby Belly Pictures

We are 39 weeks and still going strong. Obviously at this point I tire easily and even get a little grumpy which gets compounded by the fact that I know I am being grumpy and I don't like to be grumpy :) I really am feeling great though. My feet and ankles are not swelling and I am still wearing my wedding ring --- a feat that did not happen with either Ellie or Cece. I have been having nausea and my stomach has been upset, I have been eating very small light meals...otherwise I am miserable. Chocolate ice cream makes me feel better though! I am still sleeping pretty well with many trips to the bathroom during the night. The heat does get to me.....I have to be careful. We have still been making frequent trips to the pool. The water feels good to my tired body. And Ellie loves helping me back float...she swims underneath me and holds me up...I am sure it is comical to see. My swimsuit can no longer cover my belly..something that seems to bother both girls as they are constantly giggling about my belly showing and pulling my swim suit top down. Tim and the girls take pretty darn good care of me...I appreciate them putting up with me! We are all getting very anxious to meet Little Sister and now that it is August Cece says she can come any time! We are waiting patiently. Can't wait to love on our new little sweetie!

Here is the belly in all her glory...can you believe there is a full sized baby in there! Craziness!!









Since I have been laying around a lot...even with the Olympics...I have gotten tired of watching TV. I checked out a few books from the library. Currently, I am reading a matter of the heart. It is a nice light read. I haven't read her other books...but I will probably check them out!


This blog post by Sugar Bee Crafts motivated me to make some hair bows this afternoon. I will admit I went a little hair bow crazy! They are so easy to make and I have plans to make about a dozen more. Best thing...I had all the supplies on hand. Always feels good to use fabric scraps and supplies you already have!


Today is the What Cheer Flea Market. I really wanted to go. But I didn't want to have a baby in What Cheer. Oh but the treasures I am missing....

Brainstorming ideas to turn these regular wash clothes into some super cute burp rags.


Despite the drought, our garden has been producing like crazy. We simply cannot eat all the yumminess. We are trying to can/freeze/preserve as much as possible. We don't want to waste anything right now because we are a little nervous we won't get a second picking. We have canned pickles, frozen some stewed tomatoes, and just this morning I froze jalepenos and green peppers. I am super lucky my mom can answer all my food preservation questions....she really is awesome! I love having our produce to pull from the freezer during the winter!


By the way...freezing peppers is super simple....clean them, cut them up like above, place on cookie sheet and place in the freezer. Once they are frozen transfer them to freezer baggies. And you are done. Easy peasy!

:Last thing, I have to brag about my girls, sometimes they just impress me which fills my heart with happiness. This morning I was steam mopping and Ellie begged me to do it for me. Sweet! Then they cheerfully cleaned the disaster in our basement play room. Awesome! They were super excited about the hair bows I was making. Nice! And at 2 pm this afternoon they asked if they could have rest time! Who are these kids?! Love them!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS