Lucy wanted to come along for the tour :)
This is the changing table that Tim and his best friend Jimmy built before Ellie was born. Tim has repainted it for each of the girls. It was green and white for Ellie, pink and white for Cecilia and now it is lilac and white for Little Sister. We love this changing table for many reasons...it is on the taller side so you do not have to lean over to change a diaper. It has plenty of storage space for all your diapering needs. And it was handmade by Tim and Jimmy. Getting the changing table ready for Little Sister took on a special meaning with Jimmy's accident and him fighting to come back to us. I get emotional thinking about it all and I am just so glad we have this special piece of furniture.
I found this shelf at a local "junk" sale. It was a yellowish color...Tim gave it a fresh coat of white paint and it fits perfectly above the changing table. The wire basket was also a junkin' find. I do love my junk:)
I found these prints on pinterest. The ABC chart was found {here} and the Sugar and Spice print is from {here}. The "M" was a letter I had on hand...it was painted yellow. Cece and I painted it this purple-ish pink color and then added a little glitter paint for a special touch. You guessed it her name starts with an M!
I found the baskets to use for storage in the changing table at Marshalls while on a shopping trip with Emily. I had been looking for wicker type baskets, but decided this was the perfect solution. And luckily they fit perfectly! These baskets hold diapers, wipes, burp clothes, extra blankets and more. Definitely necessary in a baby's room.
I made the curtains use two white twin flat sheets and fabric leftover from Little Sister's quilt. These curtains really were sew simple!
We keep it simple in the crib....just a crib sheet. I found this new crib sheet at BuyBuyBaby. It was a splurge but definitely pulls together the colors of her bedroom.Her name is hanging about her bed....we are not sharing yet:) Emily worked a little magic with her Silhouette to cut out the letters in the perfect font. Once she has arrived I promise I will tell you about this project! Below is her finished baby quilt and her baby blanket (we only bought one baby blanket....fingers crossed that it never gets lost like Cecilia's did!)
I got the idea to make this mobile or chandelier as Ellie calls it from the handmade home. I had never made pom-poms before and it was actually very easy! I was also able to find some pre-cut felt flowers at JoAnns...which make this project very simple!
We used Emily's Silhouette to create the "you are my sunshine" print. I picked up the round frame on a Junkin' trip with my junkin' partner Missy earlier this Spring and turned it into a memo board. Ellie added the first piece of artwork for Little Sister made out of scrapbooking pieces.
Of course no Molly decorated space would be complete without a little bunting. Emily came through big time on this....we cut four different designs using her Silhouette. It definitely pays to have a sister with a Silhouette!!! I love love love how this turned out!
For toy storage I used this metal basket that I snagged at the Flea Market for $1! Can't beat that!
We are very happy with Little Sister's Room. With her room all ready to go, now we just wait to meet her! And we are super ready to meet her!
Linking to 52 Mantels and 36th Avenue and Five Days, Five ways
Linking to 52 Mantels and 36th Avenue and Five Days, Five ways

Just found your blog and wanted to say hi! This room is adorable! I love the special story of the changing table and that it takes a new look with each baby. Good luck with the arrival of your newest!
ReplyDeleteThe room is adorable! You've done an amazing job with it. Can't wait to see pics of Little Sister soon :)
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL and perfect! You have me on the edge of my seat with her M name. Madison? Madeleine? Morgan? Melissa? Malia? Misty? Molly? Makayla? Molly Jr.? The options are endless!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I love all the details and especially the drapes!
ReplyDeleteSO SO pretty and sweet. I'm in love with the curtains and bunting. Congrats on the new bundle. 3 girls...it's like MY dream come true! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete