Today I wanted to share with you our holiday home. My philosophy (such a big word!) for decorating for the holidays is for it to be comfortable and cozy and kid friendly. Also, I typically stick to the traditional Christmas colors...red, green and white.Though there are a few special store bought items, most of our decorations are handmade by me. Over the years I have slowly added to our decorations. We usually deck the halls, including our Christmas tree, the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year Cecilia was just so excited to get the tree up that she woke me up at 6:30am on black Friday to get decorating. Once we were up, I was just not moving quick enough for the girls, so they put the tree together themselves. I was rather impressed with their teamwork! We spent the next few days getting everything just right....well actually good enough:)
Welcome to our holiday home.....
Elfie got a little dusty on his last adventure. Whoopsy! Time for an elf bath!
Every year we add a dated Hallmark ornament to our collection. Our tree also has many handmade ornaments...which are my absolute favorite! I would pick to use white lights on the Christmas tree, but years ago Tim pointed out that we have kids so we should use colored lights. The colored lights have definitely grown on me!
Merry Christmas from our home to yours!!!

Cute! I love it. I love the craft day project sighting. :)
ReplyDeleteDid you make the Christmas tree that's behind the the JOY blocks? If so, how?? It's super cute!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Your "W" and "5" wall is my fav!
ReplyDelete