Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cupcake Party Details

When Ellie told me her idea of a cupcake decorating party, I was excited! I thought it was the perfect "theme" for a 7 year old party. However, I didn't want it to come off as babyish. We took a trip to Party City and she picked out polka dot tableware. Perfect...we are on our way!

I used an amazing cupcake baking pan loaned to me by my neighbor to bake Ellie a huge cupcake shaped birthday cake. It was sooooo easy!

To add a little touch of the cupcake theme, I placed cupcake liners in mason jars to use as centerpieces....I got the idea from here.

I also hung tissue paper flowers over the table. I created them using this tutorial. It added a whimsical touch. Now, both Ellie and Cece want some in their bedrooms! They are pretty fun!
We came up with a couple fun cupcake themed party games--Pin the sprinkle on the Cupcake and a Sprinkle Relay Race. And what good party doesn't have a pinata?!?! Well every one I have ever planned except this one! I am afraid of pinatas...all the swinging and near misses about give me a heart attack! So when I saw this tutorial for a pull apart pinata I was very excited! All the fun without the danger!


My pinata did not turn out perfect, but it did the job! I will do a few things different next time...like spray paint the ball shape before attaching the tissue paper.

For party favors, each guest received a personalized apron, their goodies from the pinata and the cupcakes they decorated.


Also, I have to thank pinterest for giving me a place to "pin" all the ideas I saw while cruising the web. It was so nice to have a place to put all those ideas! Often I see things I like but then forget. It helped alot to be able to keep them all in one place!!

All in all it was a fun and simple party. Most importantly Ellie had a blast. Ellie was really involved in the planning which made it even more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are so lucky to have such a creative and fun mom! I LOVE the apron idea! I am going to have to start stealing your ideas:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS