Honestly, I can't quite believe Tim and I have been married for nine years! I mean NINE years...that is one year shy of a decade!?!?! Holy Cow!! Just in case you don't believe me you can click here for a flashback and see for yourself! So in honor of our wonderful and crazy nine years, here are a few random facts about us! Enjoy....
1. Tim and I met while he was my boss. We coached t-ball, softball and baseball in our hometown parks and recreation program. Those were some fun times! We coached my sister, my cousins Jenny, Josh, Jill and Joy (and we take total credit for all their athletic success!)
2. When I first met Tim, I knew I would marry him. Given I was only 16 years old (and he was 21) it was kind of a strange thing! At the time, I told my good friend Lauren that he was the type of man I wanted to marry. I knew down deep he was the one. However, we didn't officially date until I was 18.
3. Tim's family moved to our hometown when he was a junior in high school and I was in 6th grade. I vaguely remember him from that time. I remember him playing basketball once and hitting a 3 pointer. My hometown is rather small....so you know most people. But before working together I did not know Tim at all. I did however know his younger brother Paul who was dating my friend...okay lets get it right my BFF Shanna.
4. So as many of you know Tim and I got married and so did Shanna and Paul! It is just plan awesome to have your BFF as a sister (we just drop the whole in-law part!). I love telling this story to my students...they get so confused!
5. Tim asked me to marry him on April 16th. We were sharing a Papa Murphy's pizza when he totally surprised me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And of course I sobbed back a yes!
6. We were married on a beautiful June day in our hometown. We were married in the church I grew up in and celebrated the night away at the local country club. So many of our family and friends were there celebrating our love right along with us...it was just an amazing day!
7. We have two beautiful girls and one angel in heaven. We make a great team and in my humble opinion doing a pretty swell job parenting together!
8. Living apart for nine months is the toughest thing I have every done hands down! We knew it would really stink but the end result would be so worth it. And it has been. Two years removed from that crazy time, sometimes we can't even believe we lived through that!
9. Tim is an amazing husband. He is dedicated to our family and we are his priority. Plus, he is an amazing cook and he cleans! Yep he cleans...his specialty bathrooms:) I am very lucky to have him by my side for all the ups and downs of life. He makes me very happy! I love him so much!
We are not the type to make a big commotion, so we probably won't do much for our anniversary. However, we probably will share a Papa Murphy's pizza:)
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment