Friday, June 10, 2011

a few things

1. Ellie's birthday party was a success! She had a wonderful time. I took tons of pictures and a post with all the details is coming soon:)

Here is a sneak peek..

2. Yesterday I decorated the shelf above our TV for Summer....think of it as our mantle:) While I was working on it Tim asked if I was almost done. I looked at him and said "honey it's never done!" It's the truth....I don't think I could ever have it all done...always coming across some new idea! Anyhoo, I am way happy with how the shelf looks now!


3. Good news my garden is growing well and the rabbits are leaving it alone. Bad news it needs weeded really badly! Yikes!

4. The girls and I hit some garage sales this morning. We have not been garage sale-ing yet this Spring/Summer and we hit the jack pot. I found a few clothing items for the girls and a bunch of crafty things for some projects that I have in mind. I am excited!!


5. We found out this week that Paul, Shanna and kiddos are moving. While we are sooo happy for them, we are sad too. We have really enjoyed living five minutes away from them the last two years. However, they will not be far away at all. We are so happy their family will be together more! They deserve it! And they will have no excuse for not bringing Dutch letters to family events:)

6. Ellie received the movie Tangled from my sister for her birthday. I think we have watched it everyday since she got it...sometimes even twice! I will admit I don't mind at all...I LOVE that movie! It is so cute!

7. We are enjoying this little cool down. I love having the windows open and a cool breeze floating through. We are enjoying it while it lasts...soon enough it will heat up again and we will be headed back to the pool!

8. This Summer we have been trying to do a "rest time" everyday. It has been good for everyone. Obviously, Ellie doesn't nap. However, the long days of playing, swimming, playing, and more playing tucker her out. So some mid day rest has been very benefical. Cece is on the verge of not needing a nap...yet she still needs one. Rest time has been especially helpful for her. Some days she sleeps and others she doesn't yet she still gets some down time. All together it has made for a pleasant Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS