Tuesday, June 28, 2011

it's been a while...so it's going to be a little random....

1. We had a pretty crazy week last week. Tim was in New Orleans for a national convention, I was in Cedar Falls for a class, Ellie was with Grandma and Grandpa Weesner, and Cecilia was at the farm with Nana and Papa. It was a little stressful for me to think we were all going to be in different places. I don't like to be away from my family so I was nervous about the week. However, the girls Ellie and Cecilia were so excited to go stay with their grandparents so that made me feel better:) Everyone had a great week. The girls got some time alone and both had a lot of fun. We are so blessed to have so many people love our children so much!! My class was wonderful and gave been tons of new ideas to use in my classroom. I also got to hang out with Scott and Tina. Tim had a fun time in New Orleans and got to see old friends. So all in all it was a good week.....however we were all happy to be home together. Doesn't the song go something like...reunited and it feels so good:)

2. Last week Ellie had VBS and she had a great time! On Friday night, they had a concert. There is just something amazing about seeing all those kids together singing and glorifying God. I am so happy my children have such wonderful place to come together with friends and learn about Gods amazing love!

3. One of the things I wanted to accomplish this Summer was checking out Sam's Club to see if we wanted to get a membership. Well we did. The one thing I really wanted to buy from Sam's Club is hummus. Is it bad we got a membership just so I could buy hummus?

4. Big Brother starts July 7th! I am so excited! I love that show!

5. We are planning a camping trip to Minnesota. We are all pretty darn excited. Since we don't want to live on hot dogs alone I have been trying to come up with some ideas. Blogland has not let me down! I have found some fun campfire meal ideas. Including this great idea for campfire burritos.

6. My garden is growing like crazy and so are the weeds. I have spent a few hours over the last few days getting it cleaned up. We have already enjoyed some radishes from the garden. So yummy! I can't wait for tomatoes!!!

7. I really hope we get some pool weather.....a few weeks ago I reported we had been to the pool six times....after yesterday we are now at seven. Not much pool happening over the last couple weeks.

8. Randomly we measured Cece on the height chart yesterday and she has grown....drum roll please....almost 3 inches since her birthday in February! Craziness!

9. Ellie has been missing both front teeth since late May and now her new front tooth is starting to pop through. Not gonna lie I am a little sad, I love her toothless grin!

10. Last night, my parents were up and some how we got on the subject of when I was born. My dad told us how he had a really bad cold,  he took some cold medicine, was watching football, and fell asleep. So he was sleeping when I entered the world! In his defense (if there is one), in those days fathers were not allowed in the delivery room...boy how things have changed! (He was giving me a hard time about my blog not being updated and I told him this story was definitely blog-worthy!)

1 comment:

  1. Molly, you definitely need to check out Trader Joes for their Hummus as well. It is super yummy! We love Hummus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS