Thursday, July 21, 2011

randomness

1. yesterday morning as I am dropping Ellie off at camp, she turns to me and says, "my water bottle! I forgot my water bottle!" I tell her not to worry, that I can run home and get it. so, Cece and I run home to get her bottle. We get back to church and put the bottle in her bag, that is when I see she also forgot her towel! back home we go to get a towel. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. this is the blessing and the curse of a "responsible" seven year old. she had gotten everything ready on her own, packed her bag, did her hair, got dressed, and put her shoes on...I was so impressed...but today was a reminder I still have to double check or I will be pulling my hair out!

2. my favorite show right now...design star! hands down....I just love it! sometime I would like to do my own white box challenge....who is with me? :)

3. this morning Cecilia told me her stomach hurt and the only thing that would make her feel better was ice cream.....I obliged. I mean what kind of mom would I be if I said no! and of course she felt better right away!!:)

4. I was able to go to school yesterday to pick up my keys...this was an exciting moment...after two years of teaching on a cart I finally have my own classroom!! earlier this week Cece and I checked out our local teacher supply store and picked up a new bulletin board border. I couldn't believe how perfect it is...I think I might design my entire classroom around it!


5. this week we relocated ALL of our books to one bookcase and of course I took the time to organize them by color....makes me happy :)


6. when we were grocery shopping on Monday chicken breasts were on sale so I picked up two bags....add that to the two I picked up last week when they were also on sale and I now have four bags in my freezer....does that make me a hoarder or well prepared? I am going with well prepared:)

7. tim is one amazing man...he works hard, does a lot around the house, spends quality time with the girls, and loves me a lot....but there is one thing he doesn't do so well....putting his clothes away. I wash them, fold them, place them nicely in a basket and all he has to do is put them away but no he doesn't do it. most of the time I just do it. however I am putting my foot down so we are at a standoff. here are the two baskets of tim clothes just waiting to be put away! :)


8. I made this behavior chart to help the girls understand "good" versus "bad" behavior in a positive way. it has really helped the girls recognize when they are mis-behaving and to correct their behavior. they love to ask what color they are and it has lead to some good conversations. for now it is working well! **this is not my orignal idea....Paul and Shanna did something similar with their kiddos :)**

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the stand off!! I've had my fair share of those (cleaning the toilet, doing the laundry, giving the kids a bath) and I feel like I always give in first. :)
    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. he put them away last night:) it was more of a joke than anything...but I was not going to put them away:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS