Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 things on a wednesday

1. as I am making dinner tonight I am listening to the sounds of the girls playing on the swing set. Earlier I looked out and Ellie was pushing Cece on a swing and they were giggling away. Made my heart happy. Now they have stolen pillows and blankets and have made a fort. I asked what they are doing.....something about capturing trains that pop up in our yard. Oh to be a kid again!

2. We washed the van after school today. How often is it warm enough to wash your vehicle in your own driveway in October!?! I am guessing not often! We are trying to enjoy these unseasonably warm temperatures as best we can! That way we will be perfectly ok with it when it cools down :)

3. Tim is working wrestling now and practices are under way for the season. Which means Tim gets home later and later at night. Which also means dinner time without Daddy. Which makes me feel kind of lonely. We are a eat together type of family....so we really miss him when he is not at the table with us. The good thing....the season doesn't last forever so we have plenty of dinners with daddy. The bad thing...the season is just get started. We will get used to it...changing our routine is just a little tough for me.

4. On a lighter note....this may fall into the category of TMI (too much information) but whenever Ellie is having trouble with a number 2 she always yells for a glass of water. She believes if she drinks water at that moment it will make things ahem move a little better. I am guessing somewhere along the line someone or myself told if she was having trouble she hadn't been drinking enough water...... So when this happens I have to compose myself as I dutifully bring her a glass of magic water. Oh I am certain she will hate me for this later! Hehe!

5. This afternoon Cece told me I was her "favorite 30 year old!" I guess if I get to be her favorite then being 30 ain't so bad after all!! ok so maybe just maybe I tell Cece ALL the time that she is my "favorite 3 year old" so maybe she was just copying me...but I thought it was way cute nonetheless!

6. While we are talking about cute things Cece has said....the other night I was laying down with her a bedtime and she put her arms around my neck and said "mommy don't ya just want to lay like this forever?" My response, sigh "yes I do!" oh if I could only make time stand still and keep her like this forever...I would love that!

7. We have come to somewhat of a decision on Halloween costumes....Ellie started with Rapunzel and has settled on being a Black Cat. Cece started with skeleton went to Pascal (Rapunzel's friend from the movie Tangled) to a Fairy and is now considering being a Mouse. She is in luck because she doesn't have to make a decision til Beggars Night because we have both costumes on hand!

8. Speaking of Halloween...we have our house spookily decorated! I have a few more things I would like to make....but I will get to it if I get to it! I would share some pictures with ya...but Tim kidnapped my camera to take pictures of his nearly completed training room.

9. We have made this Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe 4 times over the last few weeks! Now I know this is probably not good for the waistline...but they are definitely good for the soul!!!!!

10. Have I mentioned I might have some of the best students ever! They really make going to school pretty easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS