Friday, February 10, 2012

5 for Friday

1. Yesterday we took 200 students from our school to the Let's Move bash at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. It was a pretty amazing event! Had a great time doing the 'Interlude' with the First Lady. That's right I danced with the First Lady.....ok I didn't actually dance with her :)

Check out {this video}....when they first show the crowd that was where we were sitting!

and here is a {link} to an article about the event and dance.

2. I went to eat lunch with Ellie today. I try to eat lunch with her once a month or more. It is so fun to surprise her, sit with her, and watch her interact with her classmates. Today was hat day....ALL the kiddos had hats on!

3. Everyday I am feeling better and better. I am so glad to be exiting that part of pregnancy. Being sick during the first half of a pregnancy is nothing new for me. I was sick with both Ellie and Cecilia. I do feel we managed it the best during this pregnancy. I started to feel sick before the pregnancy was confirmed and by 6 weeks I was miserable. I was struggling to eat or drink anything and having strong aversions to all smells. At 7 weeks I started throwing up morning and night and struggling in between. I was losing weight...and at this point had lost about 10 pounds. We didn't let that go on long before I made a phone call to my doctors office. They told me to take unisom morning, afternoon, and night. Yeah...I thought it was a sleep aid too! Come to find out it works great at fighting nausea. While it didn't completely eliminator the symptoms it did help a great deal and really help stop the vomiting. Tim did a lot of research to make sure it was safe and brought me home a very recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine. He highlighted key points.

It says "Nausea and vomitting are associated with a decreased risk of miscarriage"

What can I say? He knows me well. I try to keep a positive outlook on things...though being sick is a struggle. He knew I needed something positive to cling to. And cling to it I did. I have probably reread that line a hundred times. I am lucky to have Tim to take care of me! He was very busy at work with in-season practices. He was often getting home well after 7 but would handle bath and bedtime all on his own every night. So glad to have him as my teammate!

4. We are having a game/movie night tonight. Ellie and Cece are getting the Game of Life set up right now. Wonder how many kids Cece will end up with this time?

5. I love Cheesy Smiles!


Happy Friday Ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS