Before we move on, I think the venture van needs a good bye. And I don't think we can properly say goodbye without telling her story. I mean we did spend 8 years and 100,000 miles together. So here goes...well at least this is how I remember it.......
I was 9 months pregnant with Ellie when I graduated college. I was driving a red two-door Pontiac Sunbird that I bought when I was 15....my little red sports car. Trust me...it was a sweet ride :) We had decided that Tim and I would switch cars once Ellie was born...he was driving a four door. We thought that would be easier for me with the baby. We had also discussed getting me a new car.
One day my mom called and asked me what I thought about getting a minivan. Honestly, we didn't know what to think...it was something we hadn't considered. I was 22 years old... mind you....minivans were not something I thought much about.
The next day she called back and said....we got you a minivan!
Two days after Ellie was born they delivered my minivan.
Graduate college, have a baby, get a minivan. yikes.
![]() |
| Good Bye Venture Van! |
She was a good van. She got us safely where we needed to go. She treated us well. She was also starting to show her age. It was time.
So...... like the saying goes.....out with the old and in with the new!
And boy oh boy am I excited for my new minivan!!



I remember your little red car!!! :) Congrats on the new van. You are right...there is nothing like the practicality and awesomeness of a van. I totally love mine!
ReplyDelete