Saturday, April 16, 2011

the results of my rampage

A few weeks ago I posted that I going on an organizing/spring cleaning rampage and I want to share the results with you. We have been in our home for almost 2 years and there were just a few things that were not working for me. I asked Tim if he felt the same way and he told me he doesn't notice the clutter! Too funny! However, he likes the results of my work. I organized our hall closet and laundry room. I also did a little organizing under both bathroom sinks, in the master bedroom closet, in the office closet and in the pantry. I basically walked from room to room tearing things apart and then putting them back together. I worked all day, then we went to a banquet and I finished a few things when I got home. Like I said I was on a rampage, but it felt so good to get things organized!

So to the results......

First the Laundry Room. Awhile back I thought it would be a good idea to use the storage space above the our washer and dryer in the laundry room to store my craft supplies.....however for a number of reasons (not enough space, it was hard to reach, things falling down behind the washer...) it just wasn't working...


Now I am using that space to store spare linens. AND our medicine basket and first aid kit. I needed a place my little monkey couldn't reach and this is perfect!

Now to the Hall Closet. It is such a great storage space and I didn't think we were really taking full advantage of all those lovely shelves! When we moved in here I was so happy about this closet that I showed it to everyone....simple things!

I had already started cleaning and moving things when I took this picture...you'll have to use your imagination a bit. Top shelf was hap-hazardously piled with linens. Medicines were scattered all over the second shelf. And there were two shelves full of towels.
 Now I have moved all my craft supplies to the top 3 shelves. Everything feels in its place and organized!

 I even pulled out my trusty label maker...just in case I forgot what goes where:)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS