With all the blah weather we have been having lately {what happened to April?}I thought I would add a little Spring to our front door with a new Spring Wreath.
Last Fall I picked up a grapevine wreath on sale at Michael's. I really liked it, but I couldn't come up with anything fun and interesting to do with it. So it sat in waiting. Last week I was reading my friend Erica's new blog Love Laugh Thrift and found a little inspiration! Thanks Erica!!!
I took my wreath and spray painted her white. My reasoning...I have a dark front door and thought it would blend too much natural so a little white spray paint would help her pop! And spray paint is always a good thing, right?
Next, Cecilia helped me make up a few fabric flowers. We worked a little glue gun magic twisting and shaping the fabric into flowers. I glued mine to some felt to add stability...there are TONS of ways to make them. Cecers was really impressed by my glue gun. Just wait Cece, just wait!! Finally, we added a fabric tie.
And waaaalaaaaa! A Spring Wreath!
I think she looks pretty darn snazzy! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read all of your blogs and have TONS of craft envy for you. I just don't know where you get the time, energy, or amazing ideas to do all of this! I get so much joy in making things on my own so I think I would love to be more crafty like you. I am setting a goal for myself to do one crafty thing for my house this year:). That gives me a whole year to think of something to do. (It may be something copied from your blog).
ReplyDeleteLoooove!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE your wreath!!!! I also love that the hanger is fabric. I have been seeing ribbon alot too...need to do that!!
ReplyDelete