1. It has just been so stinking hot out! Ellie had soccer last night and it was hot for everyone...but we were able to stay cool.
Sprinkler after the games....perfection!
2. School is just around the corner. The girls and I are trying to enjoy these last few weeks, while at the same time getting prepared for the upcoming school year. Ellie is ready....a few weeks ago she picked out new tennis shoes and last week we bought school supplies (plus some extras for home...gotta take advantage of those deals). Class lists were posted this Monday at her school...so she knows who her teacher is and who her classmates will be. I can tell she is getting excited.
3. Last week the girls and I spent 5 hours in my classroom unpacking boxes, getting things organized and all put away. I am happy with how it is coming together. Basically everything in the room is gray so I am trying to add some color. I made a bunting out of some scrapbook paper and an old textbook of mine (from a class I strongly disliked...it gave me
4. I have been finishing up a bunch of small projects around the house (pictures to come!) AND I am super duper excited about a Craft Night at Heidi's house. So fun to get together with other crafty types and make some cool projects! AND on Friday Emily, the girls and I are hitting the What Cheer Flea Market! I am stoked!!
5. We got Paul and Shanna and the kiddos all moved and today Emily and Noah officially move in to their townhouse. They moved everything into the garage last weekend and today they are in for reals!
6. Tim went to his grandparents house and picked a bunch of sweet corn...by a bunch I mean a laundry basket full. So today I am freezing corn. It's my first time and I hope I know what I am doing! Cheryl gave me some instructions, I vaguely remember doing with my mom as a kid and of course I googled it....so between all that knowledge I think I have it right. I guess only time will tell!
7. This morning I kept hearing a noise...a high pitched squeaky type noise....I walked all over the house trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from....after about 10 minutes of thinking I was crazy and just hearing things I figured it out....
it was Cece's dolly thermometer!!
8. My new favorite hairdo for the girls....you like?
by the way...I think straight parts are overrated:)
9. We made these brownies twice last week...don't judge we had a lot of company:) They are soooooo yummy! My suggestion keep them in the fridge and cut them into bite size pieces.
10. For the last 10 plus years August is usually accompanied by a sinking feeling in my stomach. It is always tough after a wonderful summer together to basically say "good bye Daddy we will see you in November." But not this year! Tim switched from womens soccer which was a fall sport to wrestling which is a winter sport. No more August two a days, no more 15 + hour days, no more really tan Tim :)! There are downsides to the switch...he will be busier in the winter months and during Christmastime. Honestly, I think {pray} we will be able to handle it. For now we are enjoying it....this may be the first August we have spent time together:)

Agreed! Straight parts are TOTALLY overrated.
ReplyDeleteLissa