1. We are two full weeks into our school year and things couldn't be going better for all of us. Cecilia has done great with the transition back to daycare. Every now and again she gets a little sad, then she gets to help feed one of the "babies", read them a book or even help give a bath and she is happy as can be! Ellie is having a great start to the school year...we think we hit the jackpot with here teacher:) In just two weeks her class was able to rack up enough points for good behavior to earn a bubble gum Friday! She has also already received a YODA (YO Doin Awesome!) which is a school wide positive behavior system. I am LOVIN' having my own room! It is just plain great! I will never take it for granted again! I am only starting my third year in Ankeny but wow I am starting to know a lot of people...between students from last year, previous students siblings, families I know from Ellie's elementary school and church at my BTSN (Back to School Night) there was more how ya doings then glad to meet yas! Tim's school year is off to a hectic start...he finally was able to move into his new Athletic Training Room. The waiting was worth it...windows, his own office, new equipment, and like five times the space! To get his Training Room ready he has put in some elbow grease. They spent last week painting.
From this...
To this!
2. Thanks to Becca and her Dad we were able to freeze 12 more quarts of corn...boy that will be tasty this winter!!
3. Safety is very important in our house...that explains this....
yep that's Cece running through the sprinkler with her life jacket on!
4. I teach at Prairie Ridge....but according to Cece it is Perry Widge:)
5. Softball is going great for Ellie! She really enjoys it and is a pretty coachable kid. At the last game she was playing pitcher and her coach told her if the ball came to her to throw it to first base. First hit made it to left field..the outfielder threw it to Ellie and what did Ellie do? Exactly as her coach said...she threw it to first base even though the runner had long been safe. Next play the same thing. Eventually her coach noticed and explained to her that if it was hit to her throw it to first base. Like I said....she coachable:)
6. Ellie has had a pretty busy week, besides school and softball she also rode the bus home for the first time and went to Kids of the Kingdom a musical group at our church. All of this is thanks to my friend Missy! Ellie has been wanting to go to the music groups at church for awhile but I have not been able to get her there. I asked Missy and she was able to give Ellie a ride. It was so cute when I told Ellie...when I told her she could go she smiled, when I told her she was going to get to ride the bus to Missy's after school she got a HUGE smile. It really was a 2 for 1 deal:) We are thankful to have wonderful people like Missy is our lives!!
7. I knew I had some errands to run this weekend...but was dreading using my weekend to get them done. Becca said go Friday night! Best advice ever!! Honestly the traffic was light, the crowds were small, Emily was able to come along with us, and with the offer of a chocolate bar my children were agreeable. Best part we were home by 7pm and were still able to enjoy our evening! Great plan!
8. We are hoping to finish our basement soonish and Tim has requested an Iowa State theme (of course, right?) When I saw this at the Iowa State Fair I knew I will be making one of these! The 4-H-er who put this together is amazing!! Great work!
10. The July heat was a little rough on our front yard and on some advice from an ISU turf guy we let it die. And are now in the process of re-seeding. Here is the before....
It can't get any worse...right? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment