Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Nothing Compares to the Iowa State Fair

This post is a little overdue! Yikes time flies!

On the first Saturday of the great Iowa State Fair Tim, Ellie, Cece and I were able to take in the Fair with Emily, Noah, Nana, Scott and Tina. Scott and Tina camp at the State Fair which gives us all a wonderful opportunity to take in the fair while having a place to escape the crowds a bit. Thanks guys!!!! For the second year, Ellie stayed with Nana at the camper for two nights. Needless to say she loves fair time and looks forward to it all Summer! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We had a fantastic time!















Ellie watching a calf being born...it was an educational moment....her response "that is how they get a baby calf out...through their butt?" I corrected her. I am sure she will think on this one for awhile and have more questions...good thing I am the health teacher...right? Ahhhh!









 Cecers rammed the straw bale at full speed...I guess the corner snuck up on her a bit!





 Cece engineered the best race car....she won six races in a row before she retired!
 Let's not forget who won tower building challenge....Em and Molly dominated Noah and Tim...just sayin!
 We did a little betting while at the Fair...our bet-who could guess the biggest boars weight the closest. Ellie won...she was just 4 pounds off with a guess of 1200..the boars weight was 1196. Nana lost, she couldn't even get a bet in. So she had to treat us all to Ice Cream:)

Highlight of the Night had to be watching the Horse Pulling...it was just amazing! Beautiful, strong, well trained horses!

Here we are by the Cyclone Cow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS