Monday, November 7, 2011

Meal Planning Monday....plus other ramblings....

Meal Planning
Monday: Black Bean and Cheese Nachos plus leftover Kings Ranch Chicken

Tuesday: Chili
**Chili has been on the menu for a few weeks now...tomorrow it is happening for realz.

Wednesday: Potato Soup

Thursday: Mac n Cheese Cups and Brats

Friday: Chinese



Ramblings
1. I am feeling a little ho hum today. We had a fun filled weekend but Tim was gone on his first road trip of the season. Sometimes when he is gone I get a little down. I miss him, the girls miss him, we all miss him. I guess that means we like him a lot and are not quite the same when he is not here. I try not to let his traveling schedule get to me, but sometimes it does. So sometimes I throw my own little pity party and down a few handfuls of chocolate chips and say poor me. Then some giggling girl comes in and needs my attention and I  snap out of it. Sometimes it is hard though. It does get better....the first road trip is always an adjustment. Don't get me wrong we do have our fun when Daddy is gone. Ellie's favorite part is getting to sleep with me. It is part of our life and I am okay with that....just sometimes ya know.

2. Tim was in Boston over the weekend. He saw Fenway Park, MIT and ate lunch on the Harvard campus. He also freaked me out a bit by walking late in the evening to get a bite to eat by himself. I told him to text me when he got back to the hotel and of course he forgot. Ellie is wondering if he will come home with a Boston accent....we will see!

3. Today when I was throwing my pity party and eating a few chocolate chips I noticed the package said "all natural" I guess that means I should eat chocolate chips more often....right?

4. I ordered some new pictures and I pondering what to do. Do I replace the old ones and just put up the new pictures? Or do ya just add to what you already have? Typically I just add to what I have, but that would mean adding about 9 new pictures to the already there 23....would that be excessive? I don't know. Hmmmm....these are big questions, I know!

5. We had our annual Thanksgiving Tailgate...the family was great, the Cyclone win was fun, and the food well it was A-MA-ZING! I totally got my fill of carbs....potatoes, squash and corn oh my! And the turkey...well it was just plain awesome. Definitely good eats!

6. Ellie now does all our ordering at the Fareway meat counter. She is careful not to hurt herself, it can be very dangerous you know:)



Giving Thanks Challenge
41. phones
42. all the peppers and onions I froze this fall...they are already coming it quite handy!
43. puzzles
44. Scott and Tina for hosting all our tailgates. I know it is a lot of work and we appreciate having a great place to come together to cheer for our beloved Cyclones.
45. hide and go seek...it is a family favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS