Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ellie's Bedroom Makeover

a while back I mentioned we have been busy around our house. busy working on some fun projects. we have made our way down the list to Ellie's room.
 
Ellie's room has been in need of a makeover.
 
her room was the first room we painted when we moved into our house five years ago (very crazy to think we have been here five years already!!). a few weeks after we moved in, I quickly painted two walls in her room the same color as her previous room. we really liked her old bedroom so I thought the color would be perfect for her new room.
 
I was wrong.
 
don't be confused that is cece in ellie's room.
 
 
it just never seemed right for her room. we decorated and when she moved up to a full size bed we got a new comforter, but it still just didn't seem right. we wanted her room to be bright and cheery, instead it seemed dark and dull. not only was the color not working, but many things in her room didn't work. it was unorganized and constantly messy. it was time for a makeover.
 
 
 
then a few others things came up....namely Maggie....so her bedroom makeover went on the back burner.
 
finally this summer it was time! yay!
 
first up a new wall color. we really gave the dark pink a good try but it just wasn't right. and after reading this post I didn't feel so bad. some colors are just not right in some houses and that is ok. it really is. and sometimes it is just time to move on.
 
so we are moving on.
 
first we primed over the dark pink.....better already!
 
 
we went with a light aqua color. at first I was really nervous....it seemed so white. as it dried it got darker and more perfect.
 
 
 
it did exactly what I hoped it would....made the space lighter and brighter and more cheery.
 



paint was just the first step in this makeover......we have big plans for ellie's room!

a loft bed, new curtains, some new artwork, bunting and whatever else we dream up.

did I mention a loft bed?

we have lots to do and you can bet I will be sharing it on this here bloggy. yay!

happy wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Molly, what color is this? This is what I'm thinking in a bathroom, and now that I see it on your walls I love it. BUT, it does depend on the room, so I would like to get a sample before I commit. I here you on the paint commitment. I just painted a gray bedroom and a yellow bathroom, and both of those colors can go into the blue/green/purple or orange/tan/fluorescent tones. What a decision!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS