We had a super duper last day of Summer Break....and I want to remember it! So here goes....
I let the girls sleep til 8 am, then we had breakfast and played the Wii for awhile. I finally figured out how to hit homeruns thus improving my Wii age...still not ready to share:) {I am not much of a video game player...I never played video games growing up...so needless to say it has taken me a little time to really get into the Wii...but my competitive nature is showing through..I can only have Tim mock me so much:)}
Then at 10 we headed to the Splash Park with Shanna and the kids...which proved to be not the best idea or was it a really good idea because about 100 other moms also thought of it this morning?!? Stayed for just over and hour...couldn't take the crowd or the heat anymore!
Girls and I headed to Becca's to change our clothes and get some lunch with her. Cheeseburgers (and a hot dog for Cece) and Blizzards for lunch! Didn't want to miss redeeming free blizzards the girls earned reading this Summer!
Then off to school for a bit to finish decorating the Health office...looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself! Girls had fun watching a Care Bears Movie projected on the wall and of course that episode of Backyardigans they love so much....yetti, yetti, yetti!
Mid afternoon we headed home for naps and rest time. Cecers napped and Ellie and I watched some Hannah Montana (I think we had seen the episodes before...).
I left dinner in the hands of Ellie and she picked Mac and Cheese Pizza from Caseys. The girls think it is pretty awesome and I think it is pretty good....especially with the deal I got on it! FREE! Don't know how...but he said it was!
After dinner we watched the news to see what was going in Ames with all the flooding and played some games of Don't Break the Ice....Cecilia lost most of them...
Next, was car wash time! Girls absolutely LOVE washing our cars! For some reason Cece was is charge of the hose and we were all dripping wet....but with the heat it felt great!
Then, Tim calls the ISU soccer team is heading down for dinner at Chilis....Do we want to go? Why not?!! Girls and I quick jump in the shower and wait for Tim to pick us up. {Ironically, because of the flooding we are actually getting to see Tim more than we usually would during preseason}
Chips and Salsa and Brownie Sundae....yummmm-o! Girls love to see the soccer girls and those girls have such character they always take the time to talk with Ellie and make her feel special. They also try to talk to Cece but her shyness comes out:)
We end the night a little late and a little tired...but full and happy:)
Awwww...what a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great day! I'll be praying for you all today as you head back to school. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect end to your summer break!
ReplyDelete