Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend....except for One Very Big Little Thing

Last weekend my mom and decided we would go visit my sister Emily (she lives 4 hours away) this weekend. It was a last minute decision, but everything came together perfectly....I was able to get out of school early on Friday, the weather was great, the drive went well. Girls were so excited...Cecilia summed it up thursday night...she said, "bid day tomorra, goin to Emmy's house!"

We got to Emily's around 6 on Friday and she had homemade pizza ready for us! Yumm-o! Played a little wii, watched some TV, played with the kitties Bella and Odin...great night! Saturday, Em and I got up and went for a nice run. Then off for some shopping! Found some great finds at Old Time Potterty.We got to eat at a cool sub shop with live music. We sang "Brown Eyed Girl" to an embarrassed Ellie and requested "oh Cecilia" for Cece but the guy really didn't know the song. Then a little more shopping before we headed home for the Cyclone game...which was a little bit of a bummer...but we are still Proud to Be One:) During the game Cece napped so we thought we could head back out and hit Kohls....we shopped for shoes and glassware and more...we were there for almost 2 hours! Sometimes that just happens when we all shop together. During the glassware decision making process:) I had let Cece out of the stroller. After that we head home for some more of Emily's home cookin!

We had just sat down to watch a movie with the girls when I asked, "has anyone seen Cece's blanky??"  Nope. Nothin. We searched the house. Nothin. We realize we left it at Kohls. So Em and I head to Kohls. I walk in and recognize a guy who had been working around the household dept we had spent a lot of time in. I asked if he found a blanket. Yes he had....but he threw it away! He found it exactly where we had spent so much time and threw it away because it was tattered and dirty and he thought it was an old rag! Well loved...not a rag! Admittedly I was upset...ok hysterical might be a better word. He says he can go look in the garbage. At this point Em caught up to me. When he comes from the back he explains the trash had been put in the trash compactor so it was gone! The hard part is that he actually found blanky we were still in the store possibly just a couple aisles over and he had seen me and the girls several times. But did he think to ask us if it was ours? Nope. Did he take it up front to customer service? Nope. He just threw it away. I could not believe it! I was so upset! I felt so bad for not paying better attention and double checking. Meanwhile Em gave him the business, she made him promise to not be so stupid again. We retraced our steps around the store again and left our name and headed home. I was heartbroken. Blanky and Cecilia had been together since Cece was born...it is tough to lose something so sentimental...maybe more for me than her. I didn't know what to say to Cece...would she ask? She did ask and I told her. She was sad, but handled it ok and (big sigh of relief) went to sleep.

We told Cece she could pick out a new blanky, then it hits me what if I could find the same blanky? one word....ebay! I do a generic search for Carters Blanket. It comes up with over 4000 options! So I start looking through page by page and I find one!!!!I show Cece and she gives me the biggest smile!  It cost me 33.00 with shipping...I don't care!

So the story has changed just a bit....since blanky will be coming home in much nicer condition we are saying blanky needed to be cleaned up and fixed up...a facelift! Cece is very excited for blanky to come home in the mail. I just hope our plan works.

I will admit blanky was well loved and falling apart. The edging was falling off. It still definitely looked and felt like a blanket not a rag! Tonight at bed time Cece and I found some pieces of blanky on her bedroom  floor. We saved them.

So that was our wonderful weekend...except for one very big little thing!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if it helps at all or not, but my aunt made each of my kids "blankies" when they were born. Drake's unfortunately didn't hold up quite as well and turned into one long, torn "rag". We ended up having to have another one made as we were afraid the first one would choke him while he was sleeping. He loves his second "blankie" just as much as his first. It sleeps with him every night and travels wherever we go. Hope the new blankie works the same at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer that is great news to hear....we are worried!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS