Friday, March 11, 2011

11 on 11

1. Spring Break. Enough said.

2. We are considering adopting...hamsters. A student of Tim's is headed to grad school and does not want to take the hamsters along. So we might be adding them to our family. We are going to try it out by babysitting over break. Our concerns...how will our cat Lucy react? Where will we put the cage? Will they stink? Is this anywhere close to a good idea? We took a trip to Petsmart to buy the usual cat food and litter for Lucy, but we also spent some time checking out the hamsters. Both girls thought they were way cool...especially when they ran around in the wheel. We came home with a bag of hamster food. We will see.

3. By the way Petsmart is a great place to take children. We spent almost an hour just watching the animals. However, be prepared and take a very strong NO with you....or you may come home with some cute addition to your family. Didn't happen to us...I am just sayin.

4. I found out this week which middle school I will be teaching at next year....yup I will be on the North side. I am excited.....I am especially excited about the possibility of giving all the neighborhood kids not to mention Ellie's friends "the talk" in the coming years. It will be great! In all honestly, I am so excited to be able to teach on the side where we live and our kids will go to school. I know several people who do not have that opportunity and it has to be a huge bummer. However, it was a sad day...Becca and I will not be at the same school next year. Very sad.

5. We are going to visit Em and Noah over break. Mom, the girls and I are heading over. We plan take the train into Chicago and spend a couple nights. Girls are excited to see Emily and Noah's cats and go swimming at the hotel!

6. Last Friday, we had a little Cousin Lovin' (that is code for my brother, sister, and I getting together with our cousins and any other significant others who can attend). We went to Nelly (yes the hip hop artist). It was a great time. The concert was great and the company was even better. I can't say it enough....my family rocks. We just plain have a lot of fun together. And I love just being with them. The concert was in Waterloo and we all stayed over night at Scott and Tina's. They were great hosts (as usual) and had a fabulous egg casserole on Saturday morning. Yummy!

7. I made homemade hummus this week. It turned out pretty good...but not as good as store bought. I just wish it didn't cost so much. Or actually I just wish it didn't cost so much more than it did in AZ. I do not understand why they charge $2 more here? Makes me miss my Sprouts something fierce. I would say Sprouts is in the top 5 things I miss from AZ.

8. Speaking of AZ, the other day I was driving and I was thinking about how much less driving I do now that we are back in Iowa. Like a ton less. It took me double if not triple the time to drop off at daycare and get to school (and there I only drove through one school zone unlike the four I drive through here). It took us 35 minutes to get to church...now it is 3. I like less driving much better.

9. We saw a baby the other day. I asked the girls if they wanted a baby. Cece of course said yes. Ellie said no...and with a wicked smile on her face she explained. She wants Cece to always be the little sister. She is being the nasty older sister...that girl cracks me up!  (for clarification...there is not a baby in the immediate future.....hopefully some day though)

10. We have been watching the Cosby Show non stop. It is really great. We all get such a kick out of it....a show hasn't made me laugh like that in a long time.

11. As a New Years resolution I gave up facebook...not completely but mostly. And so far...success. I just felt like I was spending too much time on there and not doing other things I would prefer to be doing. It has been a great change for me. I am so happy I did it. Sorry facebook friends...I am trying to be a better real life friend, mother, wife, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS