Thursday, March 17, 2011

spring break randomness

1. Spring Break has been excellent....minus me getting the stomach flu! I hope I am done with sickness for the year! Luckily Tim and the girls have stayed healthy. But poor Emily picked up the bug. boo.

2. I had a list of things I really wanted to get completed over my break however I have done very few of them (Tim however is dominating his list!!!) Two things have stopped me....the stomach flu and I just want to relax and hang out with my family. So I guess I am not going to worry about it:. As I start to feel better I know I will get more accomplished. Plus, projects can wait...this time goes by way to quickly!

3. The girls and I had a wonderful time visiting Emily and Noah with my mom. We road the train into Chicago, saw the the green river, ate some Chicago style pizza, went to Field Museum, saw the bean in Millennium Park, went all the way to the end of Navy Pier, walked Michigan Ave, and of course swam in the hotel pool! Plus we got to be with Mom and Emily! It was just perfect! Pictures to follow.

4. We did some Bracketology at the Weezy Household this morning. Ellie's final four picks included Ohio State, Duke, Illinois, and Wisconsin. She went with places where she knows people...Emily in Illinois and her friend Madi in Wisconsin. Cece was a little more Cinderella story minded with her final four picks...Kentucky, San Diego State, Akron, and Wofford. Maybe she is onto something! Tim and I took it a little more seriously. I think I have beat him the last 4 years:)

5. About 5 months ago we rearranged the living room. We gave it a good try. But yesterday oh a whim we switched it back. And it feels so much better! I can't really explain what makes it better...it just is. So I think we will keep it this way.

6. We have been babysitting the hamsters all week. Their names are Shandy and Guinness (they belong to a college student so yes they are named after beer). If we were to keep them we would change their names....so far they would be Tickles and Gussy. We will see. We took a family vote at dinner as to whether or not we should keep them. Ellie and Cece voted to keep them, Cece voted not to keep them, and Dad, Cece and I voted for not sure. Cece also voted for just liking to vote. Verdict is still out. They are pretty easy to care for, we found a good place to keep their cage, Lucy doesn't seem to even notice them, and they mostly quiet except  for when they run on the wheel and then it sounds like the coffee pot is on. Tim and I have both checked it multiple times wondering who left it on.

7. Last weekend I was helping Cece button her pants and she says to me "Momma I can do it myself! When ya have jeans on you just have to suck it in!" The look on her face was priceless as she sucked her little belly in as far as she could! So cute and soooo funny!

8. We have been realizing over the last year or so that Ellie is not a fan of peril and it was confirmed this weekend. While driving to Emily's we took a scenic route along the Rock River in Illinois. At times we were just a few feet from the water she kept yelling at my mom to watch the road. Also, when her younger sister unbuckled her top buckle and wouldn't buckle back up she was so scared she sobbed into her pillowpet. She can be such a tenderhearted worrier at times:)

9. We are trying to pick a color to paint the main part of our house including the living room, entry, stairway and upstairs hallway. Our current color isn't horrible, however it is a builders grade flat paint so it shows EVERYTHING! Plus it is a pretty dark brown-tanish color. We still want something neutral...just maybe a little lighter... We have picked up paint samples at 4 different places...very confusing and hard to make a choice. I am sure we are going to mill over the paint samples for the next month or so before we make a final decision.

10. The weather. We are loving this weather. We went for a walk this morning and the girls played outside for a couple hours this afternoon. It is just beautiful. We are definitely catching spring fever...making plans for all our outside projects...building a playset, planting trees, putting in a garden. Should be a busy and fun spring around our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS