Friday, May 20, 2011

it's friday...time for some rambling by me

1. Today was the last Friday of the school year...yep the LAST one! We still have 4 days next week, but we are so close to Summer! I am 99% excited about the year being over...there is 1% of sadness mixed in. Because while I am ready for my students to move on to the next grade, I am not ready for Ellie to! She is going to be in 2nd grade! Is that even possible? In the car the other night, I said I am not old enough to have a second grader and she responded you are almost 30 mom!! Like 30 is old! She is just growing up so darn fast!

2. In Health we finish up the school year with "the" unit. And today we started showing "the" video...nothing better than the Miracle of Life! Students who always have something to say are suddenly quiet. Students who are never interested are suddenly attentive. I like it and find it funny. In my class I expect respect and maturity, but giggling is allowed. It really isn't that bad at all...for them and me. I just hope my teaching leads to healthy choices....

3. The last few weeks we have been soooooo busy in the yard. We have planted and planted and planted some more. Pictures of  all our planting to follow. And soon something will be built in our yard! Girls are excited!

4. My yoga masters are so into yoga right now. They might be the cutest yoga girls ever!


5. We have great news!!!! My sister, Emily, got a new teaching job......20 minutes from my house!! Lots better than the current 4 hours! We are SO EXCITED! Now prayers for Noah's job hunt!

6. In a couple weeks I will be running the Dam to Dam 20k run. Becca and I have been up and running at 4:45 am since February....(well really since last fall...we never really stopped..we just walked instead of running during the winter). I am feeling good and am ready for the race! Should be a great time...Emily is running with us again along with my sister-in-law Tina, cousin Jill and cousin Josh.

7. Drum roll please....I started pinning on Pinterest. It is so addicting! I love being able to organize all my likes.

8. Plans for this weekend include naps, sewing, 7 year old birthday party planning, and just relaxing...perfect plans for a rainy weekend!

9. The current debate is which type of ponytail holder is best.....
a soft one or a hard one?

Ellie and Cece lean towards soft....something about it not hurting their hair. Mommy leans towards hard...because they actually hold the hair in a ponytail. This might be a pick your battles moment for me:)

2 comments:

  1. 1. Hurry up, summer!!!

    2. You're such a good teacher!

    3. Feel free to come plant in my yard!

    4. Yes, cutest yogis ever!

    5. Hooray for your sister AND you. Exciting stuff!

    6. I just got nervous reading this. Please promise to give me a little butt slap as you pass me by...

    7. I know. Totally addicting, right?!?

    8. My plans exactly!

    9. I'm with you on the ponytail holder debate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh the pony tail holder debate!!!! I am in constant struggle with which one. I have 3 different kinds because I am always in search for the "best" one that will miraculously hold Kallie's hair in ALL day (through nap even) and I will only have to do it once. I don't think it is really out there, but I'll keep searching.
    I LOVE that you expect maturity and respect, but giggling is allowed. They are middle schoolers and they are going to laugh. I'm sure you've taught them great things and because of you some of them will be making better choices because of your teachings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS