Wednesday, April 11, 2012

bench update




Over Spring Break, I decided it was time for a bench update! I purchased this bench several years ago when we first moved to Arizona. It had served us well. An extra seat when needed, a place to pile stuff, and something to just look pretty. However, it was starting to wear down...


the seat was falling apart. At first I thought it was just normal wear and tear and then suddenly the wear started to speed up, way up. After further investigating and questioning, I realized the were a few fingers responsible for the wear and tear.


These cute little fingers were destroying my bench. It had reached the point where something had to be done. So I decided an update was in order.

I started by spray painting the entire bench white.


And did a little sanding to create a distressed look.


Next I fired up my trusty glue gun to fix up the seat. It's not perfect, but it's better.


Then I sewed two panels of black and white polka dot fabric.


I dug out some sticky back velcro.


 I added the velcro to both edges of the fabric panel.



And slipped the panel on. I had sewn two panels and in the end decided one would suffice. Looks much better don't-cha-think!?!?




I am pretty happy with how the bench update turned out! Enjoy:)


52 Mantels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS