Friday, January 14, 2011

Flashback Friday: Boxes

It is interesting how  a song can take you back to a different place and time. Even bring back all those emotions. This happened to me last night.

The girls and I were having a Dance Party and the song "Already Gone" by Sugarland came on. This song was popular a few years ago and a favorite of mine. Especially this part.....

Dishes, pictures, and socks
It's our whole life down to one box

And this is why.....

Pictures from Moving Day (Arizona to Iowa)

The red carpet is for the movers...not for me:)

See the curtains in the picture below...yeah they are from Ikea. I got them when they first came out. I loved them and designed the whole bedroom around them. They have been on many HGTV shows. I had to leave them....I bet the new owners threw them out or something! Makes me so mad! Sorry my blog, my rant:)
I have moved from house to house....but there is nothing quite like moving across the country. Everything....I mean everything has to be packed in a box. I remember laughing as I watched one of the movers pack up the contents of our junk drawer. He gently pulled out a handful of junk--broken sunglasses, old receipts, play jewelry, chapstick--and neatly rolled it up in paper like it was a prized possession. Everything is boxed up and packed into a semi trailer with puzzle like precision. As the truck pulls away...you cross your fingers and hope you see everything again and that it is all the same. With our two moves we without our "stuff " for 3 weeks and 5 weeks (we had to put it all in storage when we moved back to Iowa because we didn't close on our house for 3 weeks....logistics!). It is a strange feeling.  The emotions of that day and those journeys came flying back at me last night when I heard that song. More importantly I know if you strip it all away what is really, really important to me...I know those boxes are just filled up with things and my life is much more than things. My life is family, faith, love, laughter, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS