Tonight was kind of a big moment at our house....in our 8 and 1/2 years of marriage tonight was the first time I have ever made Tator Tot Casserole...even though Tim has asked for it MANY times. See growing up my family had Tator Tot Casserole often...but {no offense Ma:)}the way my mom made it the tator tots were always mushy. I really like tator tots...but definitely NOT mushy ones. Last Spring I helped Tim's mom make Tator Tot Casserole and the tator tots were not mushy!! So it took me 6 months, but I finally worked up the nerve to give it a try myself!
And Ta-Da!!!
My Tator Tot Casserole earned 8 thumbs up!!
Here is the recipe I used....
Tator Tot Casserole
1 lb Ground Beef
1 can Cream of Celery Soup (Fat Free)
1/2 Cup Frenchs Fried Onions (because I had them in the freezer and I sounded like a good idea)
1 Cup Peas
1 Bag of Tator Tots
1. Mix Ground Beef, Cream of Celery Soup and Fried Onions together and spread in 7x12 pan.
2. Spread peas on top.
3. Top with Tator Tots
4. Bake 45 minutes at 375.
5. Enjoy!

We have it all the time because Ryan and Kallie love it. We do it with Green beans and sometimes I add corn in too. I like the cream of celery idea. I usually use cream of mushroom.
ReplyDeleteLissa....I will have to try the green beans and corn! This dish has made its way into our rotation:)
ReplyDelete