Friday, November 5, 2010

WE FOUND TIM'S KEYS!!!!!

Woot Woot! Yippee!!! I could sing from the roof top!

Ok, so maybe not the rooftop..maybe just a huge sigh of relief..however relief doesn't really describe how I felt this evening when we FINALLY found them. Tim's work keys went missing Monday morning....well actually he hadn't seen them since Friday night but hadn't needed them so he didn't worry about it. Oh and did I mention his work keys consist of 14 keys that cost $25 a piece to replace. Some quick mental math and you are right....$350 worth of keys! Not really what I want to spend $350 on!

Here is how the whole situation went down....

Monday: Tim calls me around 8 am he can't find his keys...do I know where they are? This was not a shocker. I am a much better finder than Tim is...he will say he as looked EVERYWHERE for something and  I will look once and wha-lah! find it...it must be a gift:) So I figured I would go home look around for 5 minutes and have them found. However, this was NOT the case. I looked with no success. We decided not to freak out they would show up.

Tuesday: Tim was home much earlier and we spent a good hour looking. Trying to rethink the events of Friday night and last weekend. Nope.  Nothing. We gave up...still not freaking out.

Wednesday: Looked for awhile again.....at this point I had looked in the same spots several times...we were both starting to get really frustrated and slightly freaked out. See we don't lose things...we are both pretty organized and even more routined. We both go through the same routine when we get home. There are baskets by each door to keep things (like KEYS) organized and easy to find. And our house isn't that big. We were starting to run out of places to look.

Thursday: We looked more and tried to let it go...we kept saying things like...we will clean house top to bottom this weekend and we will find them for sure them...right? Starting to think maybe they were really lost and we wouldn't find them....

Friday: Tim finally spoke with his coworkers about the "key situation." They were all supportive and told him not to worry...yet:) One also mentioned that whenever she loses her keys or anything else at her house she offers up $5 to the first one to find them...and that it always works. When Tim tells me this, we laugh...yeah right! Friday evening we try to ask Cece if she knows where the keys are she tells us the exact same story from the night before (and the night before that)...that she got them off the counter (where Tim remembered leaving them) and put them in her shopping cart (the night before she was shocked that they weren't still in there) but tonight she remembers she took them to Ellie's room. So Tim decides to take the bribe approach. He says to Ellie, "Cece thinks she left the keys if your room if you can find them I will buy any toy at Target under $30"  Ellie takes the bribe...hook, line, and sinker! She runs up to her room only to return about a minute later KEYS IN HAND!!! They were in the box of Barbie toys which the girls had played with on Saturday and Sunday (and cleaned up)!

Such relief!!!

So we jumped in the car and Tim held true to his promise....after probably too much looking Ellie chose a $2.99 set of markers and Cece chose a $4.49 set of finger paints (Cece got a reward to because we was telling us the truth all along!)

A Very Happy Friday at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS