Cecilia really wanted Dora. I am not the biggest fan of a character-themed party. But if that is what the birthday girl wanted...that is what she will get. To me birthday parties are all about the birthday girl. However, I added rainbows. Well it isn't that far of a stretch...we have a Dora DVD and in one of the episodes Dora works to save the rainbow....so Dora Rainbows it is!
I always try to make them a special birthday outfit. Cece had a great time picking out the Dora fabric.
Super easy to make...I cut the triangles out of felt, stenciled the letters on using purple paint, and tied the triangles together with ribbon. I plan on reusing the Cecilia portion in her bedroom.
Food: Taco Bar. Tacos, Salsa, Guacamole, Cheese Dip and Chips. Skittles. Taco bar was the obvious choice for food at a Dora party. It was so fun to eat fresh guacamole and salsa on this beautiful spring day!
Cake: Dora Rainbow Cake
I saw the recipe for the cake a few months ago and knew it would be perfect. And I also duh! Why hadn't I ever thought of that before!Yes I start planning birthday parties months in advance...I love celebrating my girls!
I used this recipe to make the fondant. Super simple and oh so impressive! And I can't take all the credit...my sister, Emily, really helped me with the cake. Maybe one day J.E.M.S will become a reality:)

No comments:
Post a Comment