Thursday, February 24, 2011

Molly Made It: Sequins Word Art

I have said it before and I will say it again....I La-La-La-Love Word Art! Somewhere in blogland I saw word art using sequins and I just had to give it a try myself.

Step One: Gather Supplies
 I had a 4 pack of these green frames sitting around, so I pulled one out. Also I printed out the word 'family' in a font a liked and in a size that would fit the frame to use as a guide.
I wanted to make the word in gold sequins, so I bought large sequins in gold and the multi color pack of smaller. I choose a lighter color linen fabric from my fabric pile. I also grabbed my Jewel-It glue.

Step 2: Glue on the Sequins

 I placed the printout of the word underneath the fabric...I could see it through the fabric so it gave me a shape to follow. I played around with using all large sequins, but in the end went with some big and some small. Once I had a good idea of what I wanted to do I started adding the glue. I worked from both directions so I wouldn't end up with a weird space in the middle.  
The glue went on white and dried clear! I ended up using a tweezers to place the sequins on the glue.

Step 3: Allow it to Dry:


Step 4: Frame It!

Once it was dry, I cut the fabric down to fit the frame.


I really like how it adds a little glitz and glam. It was super easy to do...it just took a little patience glueing on the sequins. I will definitely do this again!

Enjoy!

***I linked this up to MMM Day over at C.R.A.F.T. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS