Tuesday, October 5, 2010

project completion!!

another one (two!!) bites the dust....
Project #1: Dresser Redo
When I purchased this dresser at a garage sale for $25, my intention was to fix it up and use it as Cecilia's dresser. However after getting her home a taking a closer look the frame was in great shape, but the drawers were not. They would definitely not be able to stand up the wear and tear of a 2 year old. So she sat in my garage....I wasn't sure how I would use her, but I couldn't part with her. One day it hit me, put it in the entry way and load her up with all our hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, etc.  A coat of primer, couple coats of white paint, a little distressing and here she is!! I really like how the white dresser lightens up what can sometimes be a dark space.


Project #2: Green High Chair
I picked this gem up at the Flea Market for $5 in early August. It took me a little time to decide on just the right color of green paint. Final decision: Green Grapes. I like how it adds alittle funky fresh fun to our kitchen.
She is pretty happy with the finished product!!
Ellie enjoying her favorite...hot cocoa.

I am pretty happy with how both of these projects turned out:) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS